Students currently in fifth, sixth and seventh grades living in the new Beverly Park, Southern Heights, Cedarhurst, Seahurst and Hilltop service areas will attend the new Glacier Middle School in fall 2019. This is when service areas change and middle school expands to include sixth grade.
Here are some exceptions and additions:
- Students living in the new Beverly Park and Southern Heights boundaries who are currently in seventh grade at Cascade Middle School will be enrolled at Glacier Middle School for eighth grade, with the following exception:
- Students currently in seventh grade in dual language classes at Cascade Middle School will continue at Cascade for eighth grade because the dual language program will not be available in eighth grade at Glacier until 2020-21.
- Students living in the new Cedarhurst and Seahurst boundaries who are currently in seventh grade at Sylvester Middle School will attend Glacier for eighth grade.
- Students living in the Hilltop boundaries who are currently in seventh grade at Chinook Middle School will attend Glacier for eighth grade.
- Students living in the Hazel-Valley-to-Seahurst boundary change area are the only Glacier students living outside the existing boundaries of the five feeder schools. Future Glacier students in this boundary change area are currently attending fifth and sixth grades at Hazel Valley Elementary, or seventh grade at Sylvester Middle School. In the fall, they will attend Glacier Middle School unless they fit an exception.
More information is available in the boundary change section of our website, including:
- Interactive tools to look up your fall 2019 neighborhood school OR your current 2018 neighborhood school to see if your service area boundaries changed.
- Printable boundary maps
- Boundary FAQs
- A school-specific map with change areas and details about the new school service areas and exceptions.